One of the roles available to certain hypers in Hyper Universe.
Overiew[edit | edit source]
Tank skillsets are primarily for absorbing high damage, initiating engagements, and isolating enemies. They have few mobility skills and low damage to balance for high HP and Defense. Most tanks boast skills that allow them to ignore status effects. All Tanks have a natural 10% Defense bonus.
- Area Control:
- Damage mitigation/Defense:
- Team effects/support:
- Crowd Control:
- Evasion/Movement options:
- Preferred position: Solo/duo laning and frontlines.
- # per team composition: 1
- Loadout diversity: Low
- Role Importance:High
- Replaceable with: Bruiser only.
Typical Tank common equiptment:
Do's and Don'ts[edit | edit source]
- Lane alone under your tower or support clearing lanes with a non Specialist.
- Build a loadout with high Defense and Max Health. Health Regen or another means to restore health while on the field is encouraged.
- Stick with your team while in the frontlines. Try to disable targets and keep them in the firing line of your backline.
- Keep enemies away from your weak backline.
- Take/hold the tower's attack priority (aggro) for the team by walking in first (if w/o minions) or by attacking an enemy hyper under the tower.
- Push minions and jungle minions away from enemies with your regular attack.
- Clear jungle camps unless in a waiting phase while you are winning or when accompanying another hyper/jungler.
- Select tank and play a heavy-damage loadout without telling your team you want to do so in hyper select (playing a damage-based tank is not encouraged).
- Take the powerful damage buffs dropped from Elite minions and Bosses. Save them for damage hypers.
- Don't chase the enemy without your team. You don't do enough damage in most scenarios to kill them.
- Don't tank the tower unless you have support from your team.
- Don't engage fights recklessly. You are durable, but not invincible.
- Don't solo hypers. It's a waste of time.
Hypers[edit | edit source]